Monday, February 21, 2011

Joy & Peace

Wow, I can tell that the lectures this week will be my favorite so far!
We have a new speaker here from Austria (he is a speaker at the Torchbearers school there...Taurenhoff).
His name is Eis (pronounced 'ice') and he is so real. He asks us the tough questions and shows us brutal pictures of Christians being persecuted for their faith. We all need to see the brutal reality of our brothers and sisters and Christ and we need to spend time EVERYDAY praying for them. We take our safety for granted. We need to live radically for God, just like those who face the risk of death everyday to serve God.
Eis' lectures have brought up so many hidden emotions that I never have spent time to deal with them so I ask that you pray for me as I start to depend on God's guidance and wisdom!!

This week will be a great week =]

PS my favorite combination of emotions right now is Peace and Joy! Reading the Bible and praying always gives me a sense of peace in my heart which ends up turning into Joy as I go through my day with God's word circulating in my mind!! He blesses me so much every day, especially when I turn to his Word, and it makes me want to shout for Joy!!

"Running deeper and stronger, joy is the quiet, confident assurance of God's love and work in our lives-that he will be there no matter what! Happiness depends on happenings depends on happenings, but joy depends on Christ" - Christine's Bible =P

No comments:

Post a Comment