Thursday, February 17, 2011

Granada, here I come!

I have to break my fast for just a minute. Travel weekend starts tomorrow!! I am going to Granada with a group of others and I am so excited =]. I leave tomorrow and get back on Sunday at 430 am (brutal!! Haha). I LOVE traveling. This past weekend we went to a moorish village tucked away in the mountains called Guadalest. The only way to access it is through a tunnel through the rocks. It was the last moorish village standing since it was so hard to enter the tunnel ( due to guards with guns =p) but eventually the spaniards overtook it. I damaged tendons in my right foot last week in beach soccer so I was pushed around in a wheel chair ( such a humbling experience!) by my lovely friends. This weekend I will be on crutches so pray for me! =p

I hope everyone had a great valentines day! The guys here threw us girls a v- day dinner. They kicked us out of the dining hall area during free time to decorate. We weren't allowed to see it till later that night... It turned out to be amazing! Flowers, cut out hearts, candles, and poems for every girl on their place setting. It was fun bonding with other girls as we all got dressed up =]. the boys also sang to us and served us dinner haha it was very cute.

This weeks lectures are on creation science. It is soo deep and overwhelming! It makes me excited to learn how to defend my faith! =] I especially liked the debates about abortions. It has showed me how beautiul the creation process is of a child and how there are over 17 examples of evidence of God's handiwork in the process. It is so beautiful!!  

Anyways, back to fasting! See you all next week =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment