Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cock-a-doodle-do!!

So 4 more weeks left of Bible school!! Wow, heading into this I thought 10 weeks was going to be soo long. Boy, was I wrong! I am kind of wishing that it was 12 weeks long haha cause I am still excited to go home and apply all my knowledge and head back into reality but I could totally use 2 more weeks here =]. This past week was my favorite by far! Our speaker, Eis, was so real with the students and spent lots of time with us! I asked him MANY questions!! I was sad to see him leave, he gave me a hug and told me to never change =] It really motivated me to stay focused and finish off with a bang! His lectures were based out of 1 Peter. He addressed relationships, fear of man, and so much more!! It was the first week where we didn't mind that the lecture went for more than an hour. He is from the Capernwray in Austria and has a killer accent! He really affected us all.
The highlights of the week were:
-Petting a rooster for the first time! The 2 oldest girls in Joe's family came walking in one night with a rooster that they just bought. Those things freak me out so much but I conquered my fear and ended up touching its Talon (SP?...the red thing that dangles from its throat =P). I was good until it squaked...I ended up running out of the room screaming haha. I am still very proud of myself though!
-On Saturday we had a movie night. We watched the movie 'To save a life'. Recommended to ALL (forgive the acting quality...). It touched me so much! I was holding back tears for half of the movie and I never cry in movies! It just really touched me and showed how much people judge without realizing the affects of it. I want to focus more on accepting everyone, as God's beautiful creation. But I want to do this out of Love instead of pity!!! I walked out of the room so shocked. It made me realize how I have been out of reality for a while and I have forgotten about all the issues that go on in the world! It was a good wake up call =] Motivates me to make a change!!

Today for church we ended up going to an English speaking church!! It was a lot bigger than the churches we have been to so far but it was a hoot! So much laughter =P It is really neat to see my peers lead a service! My group led fellowship time tonight. We went down to the beach and played 4 on a couch for an hour! Such a fun game =] and then we headed back up to the conference hall for communion and played the game 'Step into the middle' (sometimes known as step over the line). It was a game that really touched me and put me out of my comfort zone. What you do is for every question that is asked, if you answer yes you have to step into the middle (or over the line). The questions consisted of 'do you pick your nose when you are alone?' to 'Have you done drugs?'. It was really embarrassing at some times and really hard to reveal some truths that most people don't know! This week I have been challenged to work on being more real and accepting of my emotions and sticking to them! So this game really forced me to answer honestly and fight the fear of man. So good!! haha
Also, this coming week is 'no make-up week'. This will also be a challenge but will be a great growing experience.

I am also trying to get back into journaling. I am learning so much here but I can't store it all at once in my mind and so by journaling I hope to clear out some things that may distract me or stress me out! So far so good =] I have missed it!

I hope God blesses you this week! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment