Friday, March 11, 2011

Why Hello there

Wow am I ever behind! =P
I received my portfolio assignments on Thursday and so my thoughts have been VERY consumed by that...planning how I am going to get it done in 2 weeks when everyone else gets 4 (mine is cut short due to travelling to Italy and Toronto). I have realized that I am so blessed to be here while having to do the portfolio! There are soo many talented people at Rio Vida and so many that are willing to help! I have a great support system that will push me to get this done =]. Please pray for me as I try to balance being in Spain and doing Bible school work and also focusing on my University plans and work that I have to do! It shall be a great growing experience/challenge =P.

My biggest challenge in the past few weeks was trying not to disconnect myself. The end is near and so I am finding it too easy to just focus on myself and what I have to do before I go back home. I think everyone else is facing this problem which is creating tension! We had a huge family talk which ended up turning into a debate and lots of tears! Lots of people came out of it frustrated and drained. It was very necessary,though, because now people are starting to work more as a team and family instead of being selfish and forgetting about other people's feelings. I have been focusing my thoughts on James 1 ...giving me wisdom to stay away from a negative attitude and focus on having God's love flow out of me!

I cannot believe that there's only 2 weeks left! It will definitely be bitter sweet as I am looking forward to going home and getting a new footing in cow town but I am so sad to leave Europe and God's beautiful creation on this side of the world! This was the best decision I have made for myself, to come here and be completely cleaned and renewed through Christ! I just have a huge sense of excitement now! Ready to do God's will =]

Looking back on past photos is so weird! Just seeing everything I have been through in a short time period is so crazy. I am going to wait till I get home to fully look back and see everything I have learned (and read through all my blog entries =P thank goodness for blogs!).

So if anyone has heard about the huge earthquake in Japan...Pray! There has also been word about a Tsunami hitting the west coast and a lot of people here from the states live in Oregon and California so there is a sense of worry here and lots of phone calls! Wow, this just wakes me up to how selfish I am! I am so fortunate to live in Alberta where we don't have to face these HUGE natural disasters. Hearing about Japan and the warning for the coast has really hit my heart hard. It sucks hearing about all this destruction and hurting people. I hate hearing that people are in need!! I feel like I can't do anything except pray. This reminds me that I should pray every day for this broken world and hope that people will start seeking help from our heavenly Father! How blessed am I to live in a 'safe' province...although I should never find myself getting too comfortable. Also, pray for the other Capernwrays going on in Australia and New Zealand since they have to prepare for a Tsunami as well!! JUST PRAY! =P

Last night I had a dream about Heidi and I missing our flight to Italy...the nightmares begin! =P We have putting planning to a halt right now (we have our flights booked and hostels reserved...just have to work on the train tickets and day planning!). I am happy that I chose to do some more exploring in Europe before heading home. I have been given so many great opportunities while being here. It has taught me to take the bull by its horns and ride!(aka experience life!) =P.

BUENOS TARDES!!

PS. For lunch today we had good ol' sheperds pie! Doesn't beat my mom's homemade pie but still pretty close! LOVED IT! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment