Monday, March 21, 2011

5 hrs of SOLITUDE

So today I spent from 1pm-6pm alone on top of a mountain! Man, it was a growing experience!

First of all I am so proud of myself for how adventurous I was! Climbing up BIG rocks, forcing my way through bushes, scaling steep hills! WOW! haha Anyways, the rough climb was worth it...found a spot with the best view ever! (I will have to upload pics soon). I perched myself up on this rock over looking the Mediterranian which was lined by a little city of colorful houses! I sat up there for 3 hours and attempted to paint with watercolors but then it got pretty windy. Then I attempted to write letters to people but it was getting chilly! I used my wildlife skills and made my way down half the mountain because I figured it wouldn't be as cold there. Was I right! I sat there for 1.5 hrs finishing off some letters, praying, and reading LOTS of scripture. I felt so connected with God!
Dealing with my thoughts for the first hour was pretty tough...I can never clear my mind! haha I realized how my mind is always wanting to stay busy by forming to-do lists and thinking about what I will do within the next few days. I need to work on slowing down my brain!
I have decided that I will do this once every month...find a secluded area somewhere and just dedicate 5 hours to God. Hold me accountable!

Once 6 pm came we all met up and made our way to Joe's place for a bonfire and BBQ. Oh I forgot to mention we had to fast during lunch but i decided to fast during breakfast as well and so I ended up having 2 huge burgers, lots of salad and ice cream!

It was a good last monday in Spain =]

No comments:

Post a Comment