Friday, March 11, 2011

March 4th

So I found this 'blog entry' saved in my documents (sometimes the internet isn't working so I type up my entry as a document first =P) but I forgot to post it last week! I guess it will just have to be out of order! =P








This week has been so hectic!! Barely any free time.
Here is a recap of my week:

-fireworks: So one night we were all sitting in the fireside room and all of a sudden someone comes running in yelling fireworks and then ran back out. We all looked around at each other and a minute of silence later we all booked it out and saw the last 5 minutes of fireworks on the other side of the mountain. Pretty cool =]
-On Tuesday we had a ladies tea time. Kim, one of the students here who graduated from fashion, lead a 'what to wear' session haha it was awesome. She related it to the Bible, told us our body types and coloring! I am an hourglass and my coloring is 'light'. It was good but we didn't have any free time that day because of it.
-I have noticed that the amount of chocolate consumed here in Spain is CRAZY! All the girls here are constantly craving it haha and we all make trips to Mercadona to buy unique chocolate bars. It is pretty cheap here!
-This week was no make up week!! Monday I didn't wear any, Tuesday I didn't wear any AND I wore my hair naturally down, Wednesday I wore mascara just for a mid week 'pick me up', Thursday nothing and today nothing!! I have learned to be a lot more comfortable with myself =] I love it!
-Work day on Wednesday: I learned how to mow a lawn for my first time! (Dad aren't you proud!?). The lawn consists of 10% grass, 30% pebbles, 20% weeds and 40% Dirt! Haha It was a battle ground...rocks flying everywhere! After that I washed the van with Amy and Emily. It was soo gross inside haha the floors were SO dirty! Apparently the last time it was cleaned was a year ago? We ended up having a mini water fight after with some of the other students. I got soaked! It was a blast though!
-So lately I have found that whenever I don't have my Bible on me I feel like I am always forgetting something! It is neat to see how dependant I have become on the Bible =] Hopefully when I get home I'll be more worried about having it with me instead of worrying if I have my cell with me!

I have a HUGE list of books I want to buy, borrow or take out from the Library (if you have any of these please let me know! =] ):

*Victory over the Darkenss – Neil T. Anderson
*Who I am in Christ – Neil T. Anderson
*Inside out – Dr. Larry Crabb
*The pressure's off – Dr. Larry Crabb
*Moving through your problems toward finding God – Dr. Larry Crabb
*Classic Christianity – Bob George
*Dinner with a perfect stranger – David Gregory
*A day with a perfect stranger – David Gregory
*Wisdom Hunter – Randall Arthur
*She who laughs, lasts – Ann Spangler

I have atleast 15 more..don't have the list on me right now =P I am excited for all this reading and gaining new knowledge! Wish me Luck!

Hope you all have a restful and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment