Sunday, March 20, 2011

Re-Cap!

So the lack in blog entries has been bumming me out!!
Unfortunately, my first abstract attempt wasn't quite exactly how it was suppose to be and so I have been stressing/praying and trying to make a new plan of action!! I managed to come up with something that is
way better than the first (better as in more abstract and following the principles of Design =] ).
Here it is! :








I am really happy with it! =]

Anways, RE-CAP TIME!

Thurs:
-Went back to the hospital! Apparently I had to pay for my trip(xray) in person and then submit the receipts
when I get home so I owed the Hospital of Alicante 126 Euros! Brutal eh? Well we also took one of the other students with us who climbed onto the roof to get a ball and fell off,broke his elbow!! So Joe and I had a great talk while waiting for 2 hrs for the other student to get checked out(getting a surgery tomorrow!!). He is such a great director!!
-This past week we talked about : The Basic Christian Doctrine, The church history, The Bible and the Future, and world religion. This week wasn't my favorite...had the same speaker for every lecture so it got a bit boring after a while. Also, with my portfolio it was hard to focus! The speakers name is John Allan..he is Einstein! Graduated from Harvard ...has written atleast 20 books haha and he was born in Scotland but now resides in England.
-Oh and the 'stats' of bible reading so far is : 20 books read, 301 chapters read, and 7056 verses read (yes, I did spend a whole lecture counting how many verses I have read haha)
-My suitcase is half packed and my backpack is filled with gifts and goodies I have gotten while being here!! It is uber light so I am positive it will pass as my carry on =] Not too sure about the weight of my suitcase though! The plan of action is to wear LOTS of layers and take them off once I have checked my baggage in haha I have learned that I quite enjoy packing..especially a week before I actually need to =P

Fri:
-We had lots of free time today and so I went with Rachel B. to the Port! I loved seeing all the boats...makes me want to own one! and also there were a lot of little shops,statues and fountains. We also ventured off in some side streets and came across a convent,roman ruins,city hall and lots of cute plazas/architecture!! Sooo pretty and it was a beautiful day!








-It was also out last Family night!! Our 'Dad', Joe, picked up my family group and we headed to a mini art convention that was being put on by a school (their neighbour was in it). I loved it!! I am for sure going home, getting myself a good paint set, and painting soo many pictures that I took in Spain!! =] So inspiring!
After that we headed out for dinner (at 9:30 pm!) at a Chinese Restaurant (BOOH YEA!). I got veggie Chow-mein....the most intense food that was ordered was Shark Fin soup =P. It was a blast! But it was a reminder that there will be many 'lasts' this coming week =[ Bitter Sweet.

Sat:
-HOME ALONE! So everyone went out to Alicante or a little town called Altea (turns out it was really boring...Guadalest was better) and I stayed back and worked on my Portfolio (I figured the trip to the Port was a good enough adventure for me!) and had the house to myself. It was pretty sketchy at first since I had a mini lecture on how to keep everything locked and what numbers to call, etc. This made me uber paranoid and the house made LOTS of funny noises! After a while I got use to it and enjoyed the lack of company. I did a few loads of laundry,researched for my abstract project, listened to music, layed in the sun for an hour and took the opportunity to make a Video tour of the school (explaining everything!) for my Fam Jam to see!
(and anyone else if they ask =] ). It was very refreshing and relaxing!

Sun:
-Sunrise service! We all got up at 6:30 AM , loaded on the layers of clothing, grabbed chairs and trekked down to the beach. It was pretty dark but the water was sooo calm =]. We sang lots of worship songs, prayed a lot and Joe's son,Joshua, lead the service because Joe's father passed away a few days ago and so he had to fly to the states for the funeral. As Joshua was speaking the sun slowly started to rise and it was sooo pretty!! I think all church services should be held out in God's creation =]








We got back to the school around 7:30 and I went back to bed till 11!! I was soo tired =P I finished off my abstract and then layed in the Sun ALL day!! SO BEAUTIFUL!
-All the girls gathered around a few hours before dinner and did some Henna!! Rachel K. bought some when we were in Granada and so everyone was drawing designs on arms and feet. Great bonding moment! haha
-Tonight is our last fellowship night! It is in the girls terrace and it involves music and candles...wonder what we are doing!

Well Hope everyone had a great weekend and I will be home in a few weeks!!
*KEEP SOME SNOW FOR ME!!!*

I am soo excited for...
-Timmies (French Vanilla and donuts!!)
-Starbucks (Chai Tea Latte!)
-Mongolie Grill
-Seeing my family!!!
-Seeing my Puppy =]
-Being able to sleep whenever I want without being woken up by 4 other girls haha
-getting my personal hygeine back!
-Putting to practice everything I have learned
-Getting my feet on the Path God wants to lead me on!
-My first summer at home in many years

SO MUCH MORE!!


So this weeks schedual is interesting. Since Joe isn't here to lead the lectures we are only having 2 on thursday when he gets back.
Monday: a solitude trip to the mountains...spend 5 hrs there by ourselves writing a letter to ourself that gets mailed to us in Sept (so we can look back on the goals we have set and see how well we have done!)
Tuesday: Trip to the market in El Campello
Wednesday: Go-karting!! it is pretty expensive though so not sure if I will go
Thursday: 2 lectures and our GRAD!!!! =] =] wow I am going to cry! haha
Friday: saying bye to some people!
Sat: off to Italy at 7:15 am !!!!

Final last week, here I come =]

No comments:

Post a Comment