Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 1

Priming is the worst! Took 2 hours to do 2 coats (lets just say I have lots of trim that had to be done) and so I am extending the painting job to a second day where the color will go up! Painting around the holidays really makes me feel like I should be using red,green and white paint =P.

I have discovered that I prefer using my left hand to do the trim (even though I am right-handed). Don't ask why! Just seems to be easier. Also, I tried different ways of holding the brush and the best way is to,infact, treat it like a pencil! It is alot more comfortable and doesn't use unecessary muscles.

No painting wounds yet! Althought I did get shocked a few times while taping the outlets. I'm hoping to finish in under 2 hours tomorrow (possible? We shall see). While I wait for the paint to dry I will post some really good holiday decorating tips I have found in my Style at Home magazine (which I recommend to those who rely heavily on ideas from pictures...you can find some amazing photos in this magazine!). I am leaving the decorating up to my Mom this year but I have reserved the dinner table for my personal touch when it comes to our Christmas dinner!

Well, I will call it a night to clear my system of the horror from trims and the smell of paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment