Friday, November 19, 2010

DAMASK

As I let my eyes wander every time I step into a home furnishing store, I seem to come across this very botanical and regal design. It seems to be getting very popular these days and I was dying to know the name of the pattern! Alas, I have found it..and the name perfectly fits. DAMASK. To me, it sounds very aged and empirical! Just like the design. So, if I haven't already stated, I am in love with this pattern (hence the design of my bedding) and I want to share it with the world.


You can use it...
-As wallpaper (it is pretty bold so if you do it in a darker color, try containing it to an accent wall)
-drapery
-upholstery (adds elegance to any armchair...add bonze studs to continure the effect!)
-rug (looks best when the pattern is large/more spread out so it doesn't provide clutter for your floor)
-throw pillows
-CAKES! very popular design for wedding cakes!

I just bought a few cellophane bags with this design on it but in red to hold my christmas goodies that I will be passing on to my friends! =]




No comments:

Post a Comment